, ,

NYX Love in Paris Merci Beaucoup Palette (LIP09)

Thursday, February 27, 2014

With several choices in the Love in Paris range I settled on Merci Beaucoup (LIP09) as I felt it was suited better for my blue/grey eye colour and warmer skin tone. I felt I would get a lot more use out of the neutral shades in this palette. I was unable to test any of the palettes as I bought online via Target Australia, after reading a bunch of reviews I felt a lot of bloggers choosing Merci Beacoup as the palette with the most colours with the better quality. Decision made! Note: if you buy this product I found it hard to open with force, it's actually very easy to open if you don't push in the bow. Silly me.

Keep reading for my review and swatches of this cruelty free palette.





With a mixture of shimmery/pearl and matte colours you can create just about any look. I was drawn to the bottom right corner colour which is a brick red shade. NYX isn't afraid to go above and beyond when it comes to colours and this is why I love them. A lot of people are afraid to experiment with red tones, but I adore this brick reddish colour to complement my blue eyes and pale skin tone for a vampy makeup look. I also love the middle right colour which is sort of a dark peach pearl that has been compared to the NARS Orgasm in eye shadow form, this would look gorgeous as a wash of colour over the lid.



In order horizontally, starting from the left to right each row


All 9 shades are pictured in the swatch, although some are difficult to see because they are sheer but buildable.

From left to right
1. Shimmery Champagne
2. Matte Brown
3. Matte Dark brown-almost Black
4. Shimmery Brown
5. Shimmery Dark Brown
6. Matte Cream/White (I will use as a highlighter and inner corner colour)
7. Shimmery Pink Nude
8. Shimmery Salmon Pink
9. Shimmery Brick Red

The eyeshadows glide on smoothly with next to no fallout, the shimmery colours are very pigmented and all these colours I would recommend for everyday use. This palette is perfect for a day to night transformation . I love neutral palettes, and vertically looking at this palette the first two rows are neutrals except for the last row which houses a gorgeous shimmery gold, pearl peach and brick red.

I would highly recommend the NYX Merci Beaucoup palette as it's inexpensive and very versatile with excellent colour payoff and staying power. Within the Love in Paris range there are seven different palettes with colours to compliment each other. You can now buy NYX in Australia from Target for $16.95 AUD. I bought online, I live rurally and shipping was quick within 5 days delivery. I would also recommend the Madeleines and Macar palette if you would like some lighter colours.


Click here for my review on the Chi Chi Rich Gems Palette

xo Jocelyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts

RSS Feed