, ,

Chi Chi & NYX Cosmetics Haul

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hello lovelies, I have uploaded a cosmetics haul video to my Youtube channel. I want to have a lot more cruelty free products in my collection, Chi Chi and Nyx are both cruelty free products with an amazing beautiful range of colors and staying power. Watch the video below for a look at everything I bought.





As promised in the video I have swatched the eyeshadow palettes and I have taken some close up shots of most of the other products, blushes included. I have split my reviews and swatches up into different blog posts. Scroll down for a review on the NYX blushes, lip liner and eye shadow powder and Chi Chi lipstick I bought. Watch the video for a lipstick swatch of Viva La Diva in Turn Me On.

Click a title to read the review


Chi Chi Rich Gems Palette

NYX Merci Beaucoup Palette Review

Chi Chi & NYX Cosmetics Haul: Quick Review

Chi Chi and NYX cosmetics are both cruelty free make up brands with high quality and inexpensive products, they have quickly become two of my favourite cosmetics brands this year.


NYX Blush in PB 06 Peach is a gorgeous cool medium pink with a satin finish, I can see a slight 'peach' effect which the name suggests on my tanned skin tone, but on my very pale friends it suggests a gorgeous cool pink. I love bright and highly pigmented blushes, naturally this one caught my eye not only for the bright colour, also for the cute packaging and textured pattern. It is deceiving in colour as it glides on sheer and blends beautifully creating a natural flush of colour and glow which lasts for hours. I love that this blush is able to give you a radiant glow without bulk shimmer and glitter that a lot of blushes have these days.


I love the cute, simplistic packaging NYX products use. This blush is in a small rounded square case, with a clear snap lock lid which is beautiful for display. It weighs in at approximately 5.2 grams. These blushes are long lasting, I have combination skin and it lasts a full day (around 8-9 hours) on me. If you're in Australia pick NYX up at Target for $9.95 AUD.


Chi Chi's Viva La Diva in Turn Me On is a sultry purple lipstick which suggests it's a matte although it glides on smoothly with a slight creamy texture. It's perfect for those who like an in between matte and cream lipstick with no shine to it. This dramatic matte is super pigmented and deep in colour.

At $18.95 AUD it is 100% worth the purchase, it is high quality and super hydrating. The colour range is gorgeous ranging from nudes, to hot pinks to ever darker purples and gorgeous reds. This is what makes Chi Chi's lip range so talked about, they've mastered the art of a hydrating, non drying matte with an impeccable colour range.


I am obsessed with the packaging, I love the patterned lid and it makes me want to display this lipstick all the time and collect all the colours not only for the gorgeous lipstick but also the display quality.


I switched from Elf's brow powder to NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder, although I picked the colour blonde I feel it's slightly too dark for myself (now that I am blonde?!) but this could be because I have a slight undertone of Auburn and a warm skin tone. Product wise this is long lasting, glides through the brows well and is a handy little travel kit equip with spooly, clear wax and angled brush. If your brows are a close match to a medium brown then this would work for you.


Choose Chi Chi Mosaic Blush in Pink Browns is WHOA! It's highly pigmented, bright and shimmery. If you don't like a bright blush then stay away. I like to swirl my blush brush around once lightly to pick up some powder, but beware it's very pigmented. I would suggest very gently patting it onto your cheeks between your pupils (looking straight ahead) and your hairline. For myself it's not my everyday blush, I prefer to use my NYX or Model Co. in Peach Bellini. As for a clubbing blush this is perfect. A little goes a long way with this one. The shimmer brings highlight to the face, and it's super long lasting. This blush shows up in photos very well, even in the darkest clubs with the flash on.


I adore the packaging. The outside is silver and reflective, the opening is gold with 'Choose Chi Chi' embossed into a gold plaque. Push in the plaque and flip up the lid, pat on some powder and you're in business. Inside is a large mirror and five colours of blush, as I said I prefer to mix mine together and sometimes I use the middle square as a highlighter patted on with my finger and blended with my blush brush. Generously this blush is larger than most and it's great quality for price, at $19.95 AUD I think it's well worth the buy.





I haven't used many Cream Blushes before but I am a fan of this NYX one in Orange. It's not as scarily bright as pictured once applied. I just use clean fingers and rub in on top of a BB Cream for a sunkissed glow. I prefer using cream blush when using tinted moisturisers, CC and BB Creams for a dewy effect.



I actually have never bought a red lip liner?! "What?" you say. I have rarely used bright lip products until recently, I have been loving 1950's glam posts and these inspired my recent red lipstick collection which meant for a pristine application I wanted to get a lip liner. I haven't much to compare this with, although it is waterproof and very long lasting on a Saturday night out. I have been using it to fill my entire lip after lining it and then applying the colour.

xo Jocelyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts

RSS Feed