, ,

Current Daily Makeup Routine

Wednesday, March 18, 2015




I've been having a minimal cystic acne breakout recently so I've upped my makeup routine in the past few weeks. Usually I would go bare faced most days, but I don't like the stares and odd comments I've gotten recently. I think I have a pretty flawless result using these drugstore beauties! 

My acne is under the skin and isn't really that bad so the Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch foundation does an excellent job at covering the slight discolouration, it does oxidize slightly. Pictured wearing the lightest shade. I apply lightly with my fingers and build up the coverage.

Australis Primer is a amazing for everyday use prior to foundation, I try to stay away from excessive use of silicone based primers as they can enlarge and clog pores. 

Maybelline's Better Skin Concealer is a godsend for those bad skin days, or weeks in my case. It is lightweight but covers perfectly. Under my eyes I rid those dark circles with Covergirl's Ready, Set, Gorgeous! concealer in the lightest shade. 
I set my under eyes, the T-zone and concealed spots with Maybelline Matte Maker Pressed Powder, it's a good colour match for pale skin tones and great for combination skin. 

I run through my brows with NYX Cake Brow Powder in Blonde and set with Maybelline Brow Drama in Dark Brown (slightly too dark for me but I enjoy a darker brow with a clean makeup look). 
Add a pop of colour to the apples of the cheeks with Maybelline FIT Me Blush in Medium Pink. To get that glow apply ELF Blush in Gotta Glow on the high points on the face, the cheekbones and brow bone mostly. 

I use a mixture of shades in the NYX Love In Paris Merci Beaucoup Palette on my lids, I tend to apply the light beige all over the lid (picture: top left corner), run through the crease with the matte brown (picture: middle left side), and sometimes blend together using the salmon pink (picture: middle right side). 

Apply Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara liberally to the top and bottom lashes. I like to line and fill in my lips with ELF Lip Matte Color in Natural and apply Cargo's Dubai over the top. Sometimes I'll add NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu on top.  Ta-da! A natural and well covered face which takes 5-10 minutes to apply.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts

RSS Feed