,

How to Relax

Saturday, September 05, 2015


School, University, Work. It's all underway. One thing we forget to do for ourselves is relax and take time out to think of our mental health and reflect.

Here are five tips to destress and relax.

Bath. How original.. I'm not deleting this one though. You might not be the bath type which is understandable because I didn't think I was until our shower exploded and now we're left with daily bathing until it's all fixed up. I find sitting in a bath a little boring, but soothing at the same time. I've had time to think, I've thought up a few video ideas in the bath recently. Sometimes I'll watch a Casey Neistat vlog in the bath (electronics not advisable near water). It's a great way to relax in a mountain of bubbles and stare at the ceiling, or your new winter belly, and reflect on the day. Feeling inspired.

Walk. Honestly exercise is just as important in your well being as water and food. Thirty minutes a day walking around the lake, or through a meadow of cows (I live in the middle of nowhere) really gets my day off to a positive start. The sun might be shining and vitamin D is essential for general function. It's not about losing weight, but you might find that you do, but about a clear and positive mind set. Think of it as literally walking into a positive day, you'll never wake up on the wrong side of the bed again (not guaranteed, but there will be less bad days).

Crafts. Create something with your hands. Even if you're as crap at making things as I am. I'm the 20+ big kid who somehow hot glued their trousers to their shoulder, true story. Scroll through Pinterest and find something to create, something super simple with materials you probably already have. There is a satisfaction, and a welcome distraction, when one builds something from scraps. Promise not to use this as a procrastination method.. Those emails will have to be answered eventually.

Write. We might not all be as talented a writer as J.K Rowling, I'm surely not, but I find simply writing down how I'm feeling or just recapping the day helps me re-evaluate and reflect on the day/week I've had. Sometimes what seems uncontrollable and too hard to handle might just not be once we write down and have a little think about it all.

Have fun!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts

RSS Feed